Sunday, April 29, 2007

Where is Waldo?




Where is Waldo? Why, in Greenfield, Indiana, of course! Where is that, you ask? Why, just east of Indianapolis! I've left Missouri behind for the time being and have crossed through Illinois and into Indiana on my way to Ohio tomorrow afternoon.

Today got off to an early start with my attending the 8am service at the United Methodist Church in Chillicothe, MO (www.chilliumc.org). A great church, they have the best signage I've seen on my travels! After doing some much-needed laundry, I had time before meeting Jackie for lunch to attend another worship service in Chillicothe, this time at Calvary Baptist Church. A good sermon, even if it was 40 minutes long!

After meeting Jackie for lunch, we parted ways, she to St. Joseph, MO to visit Linda in the hospital and me to head east.

I did manage to make a quick visit to the town of Laclede, MO, boyhood home of Gen. John "Black Jack" Pershing who led the American forces in WWI. The very nice museum includes his house and the one-room school he taught in for one year (www.mostateparks.com/pershingsite.htm).

Back on the road, I noticed a sign pointing to Marceline, MO and the fact that this was the boyhood home of Roy and Walt Disney! Well, I made an unschedule stop and really enjoyed the wonderful museum in the old train depot (www.waltdisneymuseum.org).

Making "tracks" once more, I made it to Hannibal, MO on the Mississippi River just after the museums closed but I did get some nice pictures of Mark Twain's hometown and many of the sites associated with this iconic American writer. (www.marktwainmuseum.org).

Crossing the mighty Mississippi, I made it through Illinois in good order and through Indianapolis where the hours on the road and the early start to the day convinced me that it was time to stop for the night.

Tomorrow it is on to Columbus, Ohio and then by plane to Florida!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Safe travels, my sweetheart! Love, Your Bel